Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to my blog, Teaching with Novels. As a teacher of reading my classes love to use high-interest novels. I would love to get feedback which books my fellow educators use with their students. It is a great feeling seeing my middle school students fall in love with a novel. It is tough enough to get a tween or a young teenager to fall in love with anything that isn't from the opposie sex! But seeing them fall in love with reading is a source of pride that only a parent or an educator can truly appreciate. So, lets hear which novels you use in your classroom. Keep teaching with novels!!!

Hawkmoon

1 comment:

  1. I love teaching novels! It is all I use in my 4th grade class. This semester I volunteered to be the sponsor for the middle school book club as well. We are currently reading Dystopian novels (Maze Runner and Divergent). Maze Runner is getting a better response. In 4th grade, I just finished my poetry/Hate That Cat unit, and we are now reading all about American business founders. I post a lot of book lists at www.the-room-mom.com. I have an author letter activity that is one of the best ways to get kids reading! You can get the author letter activity for free at my TpT store http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Theroommom. I love that you have a whole blog just for books to teach! Thanks, Caitlin (TheRoomMom)

    ReplyDelete